Friday 2 October 2015

A New Start .. A New Blog! .. Just For A Change ...


Hello there ...
Well here we go again ... its been so long since I blogged I think they have sacked me..!
My old blog was Anglesey Allsorts but its proving so difficult to get back into it I decided to start a new one.
And why not ... a fresh start .. I had got a bit fed up with the old 'me' .. life moves on and .. well life is a bit different now .. more work than anything else. 

For all you new friends out there ..well I am hoping to find new readers ... as much as I treasure the old..

A bit about me ... us.

Hubby and I have a little business called Graig Trading .. 
we are based on the lovely little island of Anglesey.
We trade .. we hunt down all sorts of old and interesting items from times past ..
 often saving them from the indignity of the rubbish tip..
we like to tidy them up .. and give them a chance to live on and tell their stories to another generation.

We lead a nice quiet life trading from the Mmarkets and Boot Sales around the island. 
The people we meet are ordinary and everyday .. nice people .. interesting people .. all with a tale to tell .. I feel we are blessed.

I feel we live in such a throwaway society .. so this recycling.. revamping.. re homing malarkey suits me down to the ground.

I think Hubby P and I live a little as my parents and grandparents lived..
 
I do tend to live by the mantra Make Do And Mend..
so no doubt I will share my Thrifty Snippets with you on this blog. 

We sell all sorts of interesting things.. from big pieces of furniture to little pretty bits ...
 little bits to gladden the eye and set the heart a flutter.. 



 And not wishing to mention the C word yet ... but who remembers these from childhood.
I think we bought ours in Woolworth's ..



 I am hoping we get a few more days of this nice weather .. its lovely in the garden .. 
and the flowers are giving it their all ..
as if they know the first hard frost and that will be it.


 The leaves on the trees are beginning to turn .. and there are lots of berries on the trees ..
is that a sign of a hard winter to come?



 Well I am stocking up in any case .. the cupboards are filling up so that if its bad weather I don't have to go out .. 
we can hole up in our little cottage and sit it out.
We have had logs delivered and have extra funds on the electricity meter .. and stocks of cold remedy in the cupboard too..!
I'm sure the children laugh at me (in a nice way) but it was how it was when I was a child ... we lived in the middle of nowhere .. and that's how it had to be to survive..
So I am taking no chances ..!


This is my new .. vintage enamel Swan kettle ..
enamel ware is my 'thing' at the moment. 
I collect it for my kitchen .. it has to be in good order and usable. 
I try not to have any plastic items in the house .. I like to use the old enamel basins and jugs .. and now the kettle has found its way to us.
Or rather Hubby P hunted it down at the weekend .. its been residing in someones attic all this time .. Hubby P brought it home .. rewired it (for safety's sake) I gave it a good clean inside and out.. and it works a treat!

And of course the tea tastes so much better!

That's all for now folks .. I'll be back soon .. please do drop me a comment if you've found me!





17 comments:

  1. So glad to see you back in action again, and a lovely starter post for your new blog. COOL kettle - I've never seen an enamel one like that, though we used to have a Swan? one in stainless steel I think. Am I remembering holes around the bottom? Hmmm. Old age creeping in (and an early start to the day too).

    Have a good trading weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you .. glad you like the new blog .. I thought I would have a change. Thought of you when I got the kettle .. I remember you said you liked my brown enamel double boiler/porridge pan .. they look well together. Hope all is well with you x

      Delete
  2. Hello missus, nice to hear from you. My blog is gathering dust too, seem to facebook and Etsy more these days. Love to you both xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice to see you back again. The tea pot with the crinoline ladies looks familiar to me, I think my grandma had one similar.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Vicky - Unit getting very quiet and people only buying cheap stuff (hmmm - rubbish even!) but happy and healthy so no complaints.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Vicky ! Good to see you back blogging
    Gillx

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is so good to see you back blogging. I missed seeing all the interesting things you find. I'm not keen on plastic kettles either and prefer my big Aga one heated up on the Rayburn.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I was looking through all my blogs on bloglovin last week and I wondered what had happened to you. Glad to see you back!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello! I'm new to your blog. The brown enamel kettle must be pretty old (maybe one of the first electric ones.....?) and reminded me of something I read in a newspaper years ago, and which I have never forgotten. The story went that in the village of Reach in Cambridgeshire, in the 1950s, when they got electricity, someone boiled an electric kettle to make tea, and an old man said "I ain't 'avin' no electric tea!". Still makes me laugh!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Loving the kettle. Sooo envious. I'm new to you so following your new blog new for 2016. Putting you on my list to follow.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely to find you again Vicky, and I remember those blasted ornaments all too well. Banging my head on them, getting told off for crumpling them and the palaver of getting them folded back into the right shape. I can remember a kettle just like that as well, my Granny was so proud of her electric kettle, I think it was almost a year old before she used it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. So glad I found this blog, your old blog was always my favourite, please keep blogging x Can you add a followers button? x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Was thrilled to have found you again as you were one of my favourites - and now you've gone again!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too, I hope you can find time and come back soon Vicky x

      Delete
  13. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Found you again , glad ypu re back blogging i did miss your posts xxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Found you again , glad ypu re back blogging i did miss your posts xxx

    ReplyDelete